Divine Kerala prawn curry:
This very easy to make dish will take you about 15 min to prepare and approx 10 min to cook.
You will need:
- 2 red chillies split, seeded and cut into quarters length
- 1 small red onion
- 5 cm root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 14 curry leafs (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp cracked back pepper
- 150 ml coconut milk
- a squeeze of lime and fresh coriander to serve
And then comes the cookery bit!
- Blitz the red chillies, red onion and ginger to a paste.
- Heat oil in pan, toss mustard and fenugreek seeds with the curry leaves. They will crackle and pop. Fry for 10 seconds.Add the paste, cook for 5 min (add water if needed)
- Add turmeric and cracked black peppercorns. Stir well before adding the prawns. Pour than the coconut milk and simmer for another couple of minutes.
- Add some lime juice and fresh coriander to serve. Lovely with basmati rice!
Delicious! Bon appetite